Life Safety Smoke and Fire Rated Curtain Containment Systems
Provider Name: Door Systems, Inc
Program Number: 92707 Length: 1 Hour Credits: 1.00 HSW: Yes
- This course explains the ability to utilize code compliant smoke and fire rated curtain containment systems as solutions to compartmentalizing smoke and fire in common building types and applications such as elevator openings, elevator lobbies, corridors, stairs and Atrium’s. The flexibility of smoke and fire rated curtain systems addresses life safety issues and can replace the need for costly smoke control systems.
- HSW Justification:
This course will increase the knowledge of course participants in the fact that Elevator Shafts, Elevator lobbies, corridors, cross corridors, stairs and atrium’s are conduits for life threatening smoke migration in all types of buildings and without utilizing smoke and fire rated curtains at such openings, the spread of smoke and fire can compromise the Health, Safety and Welfare of the building occupants. Smoke/fire rated curtains compartmentalize and retard the migration of smoke and fire thus increasing the life safety of the building occupants.
- Explain how smoke & fire rated curtains meet National and Local smoke/fire codes and protect to lessen the spread of smoke and fire at elevator shafts, elevator lobbies, corridors, cross corridors, atrium’s and larger openings
- Identify the National and Local codes regarding smoke/fire rated curtain containment systems
- Explain the life safety and welfare advantages of using Smoke/Fire rated curtains in common building types.
- Discuss how Design Professionals, Building Owners and Tenants benefit from utilizing smoke/fire rated containment systems in their design and applications.